HINT: A Nevada divorce can be QUICKER than you think!
People that are Nevada residents and are seeking to get a divorce… have a plethora of different reasons on why they are seeking to get a divorce quickly.
- Some people want a Nevada divorce because they want to get married to another person. (You can get married to another person as quickly as the next day after your divorce is finalized)
- Some people need a Nevada divorce done quickly because of financial reasons.
- Some need a Nevada divorce done fast, because they have been separated from their spouse for many years… and their current boyfriend or girlfriend are hounding them to get their divorce finalized.
Whatever your reason for getting and seeking a Nevada divorce… I have some good news for you.
It doesn’t take very long for a couple to get a divorce in Nevada.
In many cases, it can be done in as little as 2-3 weeks!
The time frame on your Nevada divorce depends almost completely on whether your spouse is willing to sign the divorce papers or not.
Here’s the different scenarios that will dictate approximately how long your Nevada divorce will take from start to finish:
- Both my spouse and I will sign the Nevada divorce papers. If this is the case, you and your spouse may want to do what is called a joint petition for divorce.Both of you will sign the Nevada divorce papers.
Once it’s properly signed by both parties and filed at the courthouse and all of the proper divorce documents are put into the judge’s box…
…your Nevada divorce can be finalized in as little as 2-3 weeks.
- My spouse refuses to sign the Nevada divorce papers. If this is the case… and you know where to find them at… then most people seek to do a complaint for divorce.In a complaint for divorce… you will sign and file the correct Nevada divorce papers at the court.
You will then need to have a friend, co-worker, process server or sheriff “serve” your spouse the divorce documents.
Once they are served, your spouse has 20 days to respond to the courthouse. If they don’t respond back to the courthouse… then you can file all the rest of the paperwork (takes about 1 week)… and then wait for the judge to sign off on your divorce decree (takes another 2 to 3 weeks.)
All in all, you’d be looking at about 6 to 7 weeks for this process from start to finish. And this is only if your spouse doesn’t respond back to the courthouse once they are served.
- I don’t know where to find my spouse. If this is the case… and you do NOT know where to find them at… then most people seek to do a publication divorce, where they use a publication in a locally approved newspaper to “serve” their spouse.This can be one of the most costly and time consuming way of getting a Nevada divorce. From start to finish, this whole process can take 2 to 3 months to complete.
If you are seeking to get a divorce in Nevada… give us a call today at 702-800-4632. We can help you get divorced quickly and at a great price!